World Health Day – Let’s All Become Healthier!
This year’s World Health Day’s tagline is to support nurses and midwives. It’s celebrated to remind the world leaders and people like us of the important role the nurses and midwives play in keeping the world healthy. Moreover, WHO will launch the State of World’s Nursing Report 2020 for the first time ever.
Because of COVID-19, the nurses and midwives have been giving their all to keep us all in a healthy and safe environment. They are risking their lives just being out there and therefore, we must do everything in our power to acknowledge their hard work and appreciate their services to the wellbeing of the society.
How Do We Observe It?
- Thank the nurses and midwives.
- Invest in nursing and midwifery education and employment.
- Listen and engage nurses and midwives in decision making and explore their ideas.
- Spread awareness about the importance of healthcare workers.
- Educate others, sign up for a charity run and check out WHO website for campaign materials.
How To Make Healthy Choices?
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet.
- Workout and drink more water.
- Take some time to de-stress yourself; read a book, watch a movie, drink hot chocolate or just put on an eye mask and go to sleep.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.
- Consume less salt and sugar.
- Get your vaccinations.
- talk to someone if you’re feeling blue. This is the best time to call your friends and family!
- Always wash and sanitize your hands before eating.
Although we are all self-quarantined, let’s not forget to stay healthy, avoid eating junk-food and be as active as possible. We are all in this together and if we follow the rules and stay safe–without unnecessarily going out–then we can end this pandemic quicker and people can get back to their repetitive lives.
Once again, a big round of applaud for all the nurses and the midwives!