How to Love Yourself?
This is a question that many people tend to ignore. How to love yourself? It’s not something that you can habitually attain, but just like everything and anything else, you must learn to do it.
Loving yourself isn’t as hard as you think it is. It’s not like you have to stay hours in the gym just to get that perfect figure or spend hours in the kitchen to perfect that dish. No, all it takes is a simple mindset and some tweaks in your daily life that will make you love yourself no matter what people say.
- Always set an Inspiring Goal – Because without goals, you won’t have the motivation or purpose to live an enjoyable and successful life. You’ll always end up feeling down and we can’t have that kind of negative energy if we want to live a good and happy life. Therefore, always set an inspiring goal such as; ‘Learning how to Drive’, or, ‘Publishing a Poetry Book’, or, ‘Becoming a successful Blogger/Vlogger,’ These kinds of goals will set you apart from the rest of your family and friends and you will also be thrilled to continue to pursue your dreams.
- Ask yourself from time to time; What do you love about yourself? Surely, there must be something that you love about yourself? For example, your nose. You might have a pretty nose, or your face, your eyes or even your arms or booty. Perhaps, there’s something about your nature that you love? You might be kind, caring, supportive, a good listener. It can be anything but it’s up to you to find out what it is that you love about yourself? Always ask this question at the beginning or end of the day so that you can strive to do more good and be someone’s perfect role model.
- It’s now time to Thank Your Body because unlike many other who are suffering out there, you don’t have cancer or other illnesses that makes you look sick (May God Heal them too) You’re healthy, you’re beautiful and even if you don’t have abs or toned arms and legs, your body is normal and you’re still fitting into your favorite dresses, so that’s something to be thankful of. This year too, don’t forget to take care of your body because if you become lazy in that, then your entire year might go down the hill. The main gear of our life is indeed our body. If we struggle to keep it healthy and fit, our lives will turn out to be more independent, confident and wonderful!
- Always Forgive Yourself because we aren’t AI robots (well, AI too makes mistakes sometimes) but we’re human beings and we make mistakes. We’re not perfect; no matter how clean your house is or how good you’re in math. We all made/make mistakes but what will give us the chance to continue with our life is if we forgive and tell ourselves that life is a series of ups and downs and we must learn to embrace our mistakes and reset our lives every time we fall back down. We can’t just stop playing a game just because we aren’t able to fight the big boss at the end, right? No, we continue because we had come a long way and turning back now would be like giving up. So, we fight the villain until we’ve won and we actually do win in the end; somehow…but we do.
- Last but not the least, Stop Comparing Yourself to others. We’re all different in our own ways. Again, we’re not robots, we’re human beings and we come in all shapes and sizes. If you keep on comparing yourself to others, you won’t be able to achieve anything because you’re automatically telling yourself that ‘that guy/girl is better than me and I won’t be able to do it.’ See, that’s so much pessimism right there! Just throw that thought out of your mind and focus on yourself. Focus on your goals and see how fast you’ll drive the car to success or to your desired goals/dreams.
I hope these 5 simple tips will help you start the new year with much strength and confidence. Don’t worry, everything will be alright. We all have a long way to go but we have to start somewhere, don’t we? Let’s not get busy with what the world wants or thinks, let’s focus on what we want and let’s strive to be happy for ourselves.
See you in my next post~
I’M THE WRITER NEXT DOOR!