10 Important life lessons love has taught us
Love. You get this excitement when you hear this word, right?
When you think of love, you think of commitment, patience and endurance.
Love is something precious, something that every individual is gifted with. That’s something, okay? If there was no love, then it’s obvious there wouldn’t have been you and me.
Being in love teaches you so many things. You go through tough trials together, you motivate and inspire each other, you help each other.
But sometimes, it just doesn’t work for some people. Love is something you have to experiment with. You cannot know it unless you investigate it yourself. There will be heart breaks, sleepless nights and gloomy days, but in the end, you’re left with a lesson to learn.
Let me list ten significant life lessons that love has taught us; be it a small point or a big.
1) Empathy – When you love someone, you don’t and can’t see them cry or get hurt. If they’re happy, you’re happy. If they’re sad, you feel sadder. So you do everything in your power you can to make them happy because you regard their feelings just as you would regard yours.
2) Decide – It’s up to you to choose if you love that person or not. The controller is in your hand, you’re the player. You have to choose to love them, or leave them. Listen to your heart.
3) Feel good – There’s a huge advantage in being in love and that’s feeling good whenever you’re with them. Nowadays, it’s what we all need. To feel good, to feel loved. If you feel good, then you’ve found the right person to spend your life with.
4) No expectations – When you love someone till the moon and the stars, you can’t expect them to love you the same way. You can’t expect to get an extra slice of cheesecake just because you love it. No, it’s all about giving and acting whether that person recognizes your sincerity or not.
5) Acceptance – Love means accepting their flaws, their mistakes, differences and the list goes on. If you truly love them, you need to accept them the way they are because isn’t that why you fell for them in the first place? There will be differences, but you just close your eyes and accept them.
6) Commitment – Love is not temporary. You can’t use it and then throw it away as if it was an torn, stinky sock. Love is not chemistry or infactuation. You need to promise to stay by each others side NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!
7) Attention – The person drowning in true love never gets bored of giving all their attention to that particular individual. They want to make them feel that they’re near them, watching, feeling, sensing and not just ignoring because you’ve done your job of confessing. It’s not a task, it’s just something you like to give.
8) Time – Love takes time to grow. You can’t presume someone will love you at first sight. No, you need patience and perserverance. You need to give it a little time for it to develop.
9) Selflessness – You make them your priority. You solve their problems first, you make them feel happy and cherished. Real love isn’t selfish.
10) Limitless – Love is unconditional. There’s no expectations or limits set. You just love them for they are. You don’t care about their background or their past. You just love them and that’s the beauty of it all.
P.S. Bonus tip, love also means letting go. If you truly love that person, then you won’t chain them up in your room or tie a rope around their waist. You’ll let them go, you’ll set them free and if they come back to you, then I guarantee that that’s true love. But if they don’t, then it was never meant to be.
“Love is freedom and deliverance not possession or obsession.”