My Gratitude List
You don’t need to be grateful solely for the big things. I don’t know if you believe in God or not, but if you do, then you need to realize that he has created you and given you so much; sometimes better than other people. You’re alive and breathing and that’s what you can ever be grateful for. You’re not out there in a war, fearing the outcome, but you’re here, in your home or your office and reading this post because you just happened to stumble upon it.
Trust me, this is not a lecture, and I don’t actually have the right to lecture any of you, but this is just a friendly discussion, an inspiring and motivating thought that might or might not change the way you think about your life, or your future.
Being grateful is difficult for many people. Be it on getting a new job with less salary or getting a second-hand denim jacket from your cousin. But think about it, so many people don’t have a job, and even if they do, you’re getting paid more than they will ever do. So many people don’t have clothes to wear, but you’re getting an awesome jacket even though you didn’t ask for it. Why then can’t we appreciate the little things? Is it that hard to smile and be happy with what we have? Yes, we’re struggling, but after hardship, there’s always ease, isn’t there?
Sometimes, I myself get frustrated with the things I want, with the way I want things to be, but then somehow or someway I get reminded that no, you’re living your life fairly well and that right now what you have is what you must be grateful for. Life has its up’s and down’s, but if we aren’t satisfied with our lives now, then we won’t be in the future either. It’s going to ruin our life, and the next thing you know, you’re on your death bed, depressed and guilty because you didn’t enjoy the little moments or weren’t grateful with the things God had already bestowed on you. Again, this is not a lecture, just my thoughts.
So, what can you do to be grateful? To feel contented? To be always smiling and not worrying about tomorrow or next week?
Well, I don’t know if you’ll heed my words or not, but what you could do, and what I often do, is make a gratitude list. You could do it every day, or every week, or every month, but you should do it because in our busy lives and occupied minds, we forget what we’re truly missing. The tiny elements is what will make our lives better, and trust me, you won’t regret it. Furthermore, there’s no harm in making such a list is there? All you need is a pen, a paper, and some alone time and you’re good to go!
As for me, I’m always cheerful and elated because I value the smallest of things that happen to me, be it a kind comment on Instagram, or a smile from my mom.
Here is my gratitude list that gives me the strength to never give up, to keep thanking God for giving me such a life and to strive to keep it that way or make it even better.
- Tea in the morning with brown bread and eggs.
- Scrolling through Kim Jongin’s photos.
- Flowers that sway with the wind.
- The smell of my cat, Ginger.
- Witnessing the sunrises and the sunsets.
- The heavy rains that drench me, the darkness that surrounds and gives me the urge to drink hot chocolate or coffee.
- Learning lessons from the mistakes that I’ve made.
- The people on Social Media who make us laugh, who listen to our daily affairs and who are ever ready to stay awake and talk about useless stuff.
- Bear hugs from my sister.
- Watching Movies/Drama’s and playing games with family.
- A family night out that’s always unplanned!
- Hot showers while it’s raining outside.
- Recalling our previous accomplishments; be it big or small.
- Being healthy.
- A home.
- Having grandparents. A loving family.
- Understanding that its no use stressing over our lives and that if we just wait patiently, everything will eventually fall into its places.
- Eating chocolates.
- Eating healthy, delicious food.
- Watching the moon and the stars while your mind is completely free from all thoughts.
- Getting mutual and financial support from your family whenever you need them.
- Being able to help others; be It through writing, poetry, or just simple words.
- Abundance love.
- Abundance happiness.
- Abundance faith.
What I need you guys to do now, is grab a book and a pen, or your laptop, sit down and write the things you’re thankful about, or things you truly appreciate in your day to day hectic life.
You’ll feel good and you’ll feel more content with the way you’re living. Perhaps, after making this list, you’ll get a goodnight’s sleep, at long last.
Let me know in the comments if you’ve ever made a gratitude list or not, and if not, promise me that you’ll make one right now after reading this post!
See you next time~
I’M THE WRITER NEXT DOOR!